Friday 22 June 2012

Pretty Rucksacks....


After having much success with my Kids Rucksacks I have decided to try out some Adult Rucksacks and see how they go. If all else fails I'll have made myself some nice new bags :)


 
Kids Rucksacks, Personalised or plain £25
( www.facebook.com/cherishhandmade )

I wanted to keep the shape similar to the Kids bag so that the two bag's still tie in together. To make the adult bag look a bit different I've added side panels and a front pocket. After a long time measuring and cutting and measuring again I (think) I have the pattern pretty much sorted out and created a (not so) pretty prototype of my bag out of my old bed cover.


I couldn't bring myself to make the bag out of plain old boring canvas or cotton, because lets face it who really want a plain old boring bag when you can have a fabulous printed one ( or is that just me? ).

Anyhow I didn't manage to get all the bits cut out yet but here's what I've done so far and I think you'll all agree that the vintage style floral fabric and the polka dot together is going to be lovely :)


More updates on my progress to come and hopefully a finished product before the end of the weekend.
Enjoy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment